This position is for our Somersworth, NH location.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to work within our growing commercial glass division on large scale development projects. Portland Glass is looking for an employee that is willing to be actively engaged and willing to grow within the company.
The following is compilation of known and anticipated tasks require for this position. The intent of the items below is to provide a guideline for responsibilities.
- Assume responsibility for assigned projects when turned over from estimating
- Take necessary preparation steps to ensure project runs smoothly, such as but not limited to, set up project in system, review and update job cost, release to engineering for shop drawings, prepare submittal log, create timeline of project, prepare projected manpower schedule, prepare schedule of values
- Oversee the procurement of shop drawings and engineering documents as required by contract.
- Establish the schedule for engineering/calculations as required.
- Contact contractor and maintain communication for duration of project
- Oversee purchasing of material and negotiate with vendors for pricing, while maintaining accurate tracking of job.
- Procure and schedule fabrication release package, include manpower requirement
- Material status report, including on-going delivery dates from vendors and fabrication schedule.
- Prepare equipment requirements and schedules
- Prepare all safety sheets, review with project foreman/coordinator
- Mobilize onsite with foreman
- Price and negotiate all change orders, back charges etc.
- Conduct on-going communication with project foreman
- Determine monthly requisition amounts.
- Maintain a file for close out documents then prepare close out package when date of substantial completion is provided.
- Interpret and implement the policies, procedures, and allowances (cost, time, materials).
- Communication directly with vendors and customers to establish strong working relationships.
Skills Required for Performance:
- Ability to work with people:
- Delegation: accomplishing task with coworkers
- Communication: dealing effectively with all members of the department as well as engineering firms, architects, general contractors and suppliers.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with difficult or complicated communications.
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft word, Excel, Email / Networking / Project Management Software.
- Technical Ability:
- Experience with handling all phases of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of Metal systems, windows and panels.
- Extensive knowledge of Company philosophies and goals.
- Complimentary Computer skills: Estimating software (Partner Pak) CAD
- Successfully bring a project in on budget and maintain a good working relationship with customer to ensure future projects and build customer base.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, ltd and a 401k plan; other voluntary benefits are available.
If you are interested in becoming part of our commercial team, please send your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an al- inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
*Portland Glass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.