This position is for our Farmington, ME location.
The Inside Sales Representative effectively sells auto glass and flat glass services to our customers by demonstrating professionalism, enthusiasm, and positive customer interaction, while focusing on Portland Glass’ commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to meet customer expectations and ensure customers are satisfied. Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of products and services and probes customer to identify their needs and address customer questions.
- Answer incoming phone calls, greet customers, and address customer questions/issues in a timely, positive, and professional manner.
- Identify and communicate credit limits, past due balances, C.O.D. accounts (and payment plan when scheduling COD accounts) when entering orders into the system.
- Schedule sales or jobs according to identified procedures while demonstrative proficiency with the point of sale system.
- Perform daily administrative duties such as billing, deposits, sorting/opening mail.
- Partner with other district locations, store managers, and the management team to foster a collaborative work environment and help other locations as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and of all other staff.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience working in retail sales is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Normally seated and standing with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who be come disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.