This position is for our Portland, ME location.
The Human Resource Generalist is a partner to the People Services Department and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas for Portland Glass: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, retention, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Maintains employment law compliance as designed by company employee handbook, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain updated job descriptions and job postings.
- Conduct recruiting efforts with phone screening and initial interviewing for new hire positions.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Conduct internal associate investigations; provide guidance to business partners, and assist with employee related concerns and terminations included but not limited to attendance, behavior, harassment, and performance.
- Conduct associate exit interviews and analyze/communicate trends to leadership.
- Prepare reports for retention, audits, verification of employment, state unemployment and workers compensation insurance.
- Prepare internal communication for changes to policies, procedures and global information as deemed necessary for associates.
- Organize, communicate, and conduct annual open enrollment for benefits.
- Identify and coordinate training topics for all associates populations.
- Assist safety manager to ensure compliance with company safety policies.
- Successfully communicate and work with Dwyer Group People Services department
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information
- Interface with others in a professional manner and be a trusted go to person
- Event planning and preparation of employee functions
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter. Ability to work autonomously with little support
- High computer literacy including strong experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines and multi-task
- Sense of humor
Education & Experience:
Education: High School Diploma, College Degree / PHR Designation or equivalent experience Preferred
Experience: 5-10 years relevant experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.