This position is for our Bowdoinham, ME location.
Are you a hard worker?
Do you prefer to work with your hands?
Are you looking for a position where you can learn and grow within the company?
Then, we have the position for you! Portland Glass is looking for a glazier/glass installer to work on our commercial glass team, based out of Bowdoinham, ME.
We are looking for someone to consistently perform with the utmost degree of professionalism, thus ensuring all work meets and exceeds company and customer expectations in a safe and efficient manner. Multi-tasking abilities are a must!
Areas of Accountability
- Explains how work will be performed in order to reassure customers of the Company’s high level of professionalism
- Responds effectively to customer questions and concerns
- Explains all installation and repair warranties to customers
- Encourages customers to provide feedback on product and service quality
- Installs residential and commercial projects to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrates a high degree of skill in all aspects of glazing
- Demonstrates expertise in measuring, estimating and planning the installation of projects
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to perform 24-hour emergency replacement and board-up service on an as needed basis
- Completes jobs within the scheduled times
- Completes an appropriate number of jobs daily
- Demonstrates flexibility with regard to job requests and work schedule
- Exhibits enthusiasm and a commitment to teamwork
- Follows company safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protection equipment
- Demonstrates safe driving practices
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with state and federal safety regulations
- Maintains enthusiasm and friendly nature while interacting with customers, vendors and coworkers
- Maintains a clean work space
- Exhibits a professional image in the areas of personal cleanliness, grooming and company dress standards
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must have a clean background and driving record.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Experience is helpful, but not essential; evidence of ability to work well with others.
Personal characteristics: Must possess a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and organizational skills; must be honest and trustworthy with a commitment to satisfy all customer needs.
We offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life, ltd and a 401k plan; other voluntary benefits are available.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an al- inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
*Portland Glass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.