This position is for our Bowdoinham, ME location.
Portland Glass, based in Portland, ME with 34 locations through Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, is seeking a commercial estimator to join the growing commercial glass team.
Founded in 1947, Portland Glass is committed to providing its customers with superior products, world class service and solutions for all their home, auto and business glass needs. Portland Glass is recognized throughout the industry as a leader in promoting professionalism and quality standards throughout its entire organization. The company has a record of continuous improvement for workplace safety and quality control; ongoing training programs are offered at all levels. This commitment to professional excellence begins at the top and is shared by each and every person at Portland Glass.
The estimator will provide competitive project pricing by developing accurate costed Bills of Material from information supplied by the Portland Glass sales team. More specifically, the estimator will read and interpret architectural and structural drawings, project specifications, and project drawings/details and will effectively communicate with material vendors and suppliers to maintain a balanced cost and estimating structure. The position will work closely with sales management and project management regarding all aspects of project costs, create quote verification for sales representatives and customers, and create project specific contract proposals with inclusions, exclusions and qualifications.
- Must have 5 years of construction estimating experience and at least 2 years of experience in the architectural window wall, curtain wall or window industry, preferably in estimating/preconstruction or project management
- Read, interpret and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions.
- Be able to provide support to sales in an estimating capacity
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, prioritizing workload
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to make quick, intelligent decisions
- Computer literate. Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in AutoCAD a plus but not required
- Experience in On Screen Takeoff Software or GDS Software a plus but not required.
If you are interested in becoming part of our commercial team, please send your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.