This position is for our Bowdoinham, ME location.
Portland Glass is looking for a motivated, experienced and detail-oriented computer-aided design draftsman to join our expanding commercial team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional critical thinking skills and refined math and technical skills. This individual would be responsible for:
- Designing plans using computer-aided design and drafting (AutoCAD) software
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Add details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for various products
- An associate’s degree in architectural design, engineering or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD software a must.
- Proficient in MS Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an al- inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
About Portland Glass
Portland Glass was founded in 1947 and today employs over 200 people throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Portland Glass is recognized throughout the industry as the leader in promoting professionalism and quality standards throughout its entire organization.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.