This position is for our Bowdoinham, ME location.
Portland Glass is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to join our growing commercial glass team (Cumberland County Glass). Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our project managers, estimators, and general managers, by assisting in daily office needs and general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant applicants should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience office experience with the ability to multi task in fast paced environment along familiarity within the glass industry, we would like to speak with you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Assist in the preparation estimates and bidding process
- Maintain an organized filing system
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to employees and visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, Portland Glass reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who be come disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.